mermaids

Collaborative Effort

Posted on: 20 November, 05

It will be a sad, sad day when my boys outgrow Ottobre patterns. Since discovering this magazine, I have used little else for children’s sewing. C needed a new fall jacket, desperately. The fabric is a scrumptious two sided Malden Mills purchased via www.fabric.com a couple years ago. I did not take advantage of the dual personality of this fabric because C wanted to incorporate black in the design. We felt three colors would be too busy for the desired look. The pattern is #28 from the Autumn 2003 issue. I would love to know how many times I have used this particular pattern.

Here is the back of the jacket. C designed the image for me to applique. He is thrilled with the results. The camera (or perhaps it is the photographer) did not capture the true color of the fabric. It is called “kiwi,” a darker green with little black fibers.

Advertisements

1 Response to "Collaborative Effort"

Very cool jacket! Very cool that your son helped design it!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Categories

The Big List of Sewing Blogs

TMI

%d bloggers like this: