mermaids

Hack Job

Posted on: 16 January, 07

Once again, I have hacked another Ottobre pattern. This dress started with Design #1 from the Spring 2006 issue, but then I made it into a wrap top opening instead of buttons. Then, it became a dress instead of a top. The lime fabric is a soft ribbed knit, leftover from a top I made recently. The skirt is a black and white mini houndstooth, leftover from a much, much older project. The little flowers are dimensional appliques snipped from another leftover fabric. Even the black foldover elastic at the neckline was a little bit leftover from something else. Though it does not look like it in the photograph, the decorative stitching at the hem matches the top. There are matching bloomers because I had just enough of the houndstooth left.

I have not decided who will get this dress. There are lots of new and expected babies from which to choose.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Categories

The Big List of Sewing Blogs

TMI

%d bloggers like this: